Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update

Family
We thought it to be a great idea to start blogging to kind of bring our family a little closer together and it seems that as we get a little older and have more pressing things on our minds extended family and blogging get pushed to the back. I myself am no better than the rest, and I really don’t know how to resolve my dilemma. I just don’t have anything exciting to tell, and although I check the blogs regularly I very rarely add to my blog. I do believe that I can do a little better and at least give an update weekly. The past few months have been slow for me at work but there doesn’t seem to be any shortage of things to do around the house. Saturday our inline water filter split and began to spray water all over the corner of the garage. I called Thad but he was busy in Gold Canyon so I had to break down and do it myself. Things like that are not really hard and I’ve done it all before, but it helps to have all the right tools and through the years I’ve miss placed or lost all my plumbing tools, not that I really wanted them in the first place. It’s sad when you look to someone else to do all the little honey do’s and that’s me. I have lost about 35 lbs. in the last 3 months but I still have at least one back street boy to go before I start looking fine. Mother and I still think we’re young but it’s getting harder each day to get that darn mattress off my back and I really do have to climb the stairs. Other than that we’re doing ok we love you all until the next update. Dad

3 comments:

Amber said...

Good job!!!! :-)

J.C. Brownlow's said...

Thats amazing 35 lbs!! Keep up the good work! You can do anything, plumbing, electrical, tell stories, cook.. you name it! :) Love you!

Emily Ruth said...

Brother Skousen,
I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Burdell & Peggy Moody's youngest daughter Emily. I stumbled on your blog and found your shots of the Mesa Temple from November. They are such beautiful photos. This may sound strange, but I was curious if you happen to remember what day they were taken. Also, this is a lot to ask, but I was also wondering if I could post one on my blog (and of course give credit: ) It's fine if not...
Emily at emidinkl@yahoo.com

thank you!